No Fire At Midland High School

Source Of Alarm Turned Out To Be A Malfunctioning Exhaust Fan

The evacuation of a high school in Midland has come to an end.  And a happy and safe one at that.  All the students of Georgian Bay District Secondary School are safe after being sent to two area elementary schools while the fire department searched for the cause of an alarm this Tuesday morning. Turned out to be a malfunctioning exhaust fan. There was no fire or injuries. Once the Midland Fire Department gave the all clear, the students were returned to to class before 11 AM.