Bell Farm Road Apartment Building Needed Ventilation

Unattended Candle Caused Small Fire, Lots of Smoke

Lots of smoke, but very little damage, after a candle ignited a plastic plant in Barrie. Barrie Fire’s Samantha Hoffman tells us a candle was left unattended near a plastic plant on a coffee table in a Bell Farm Road apartment building last night. The resident noticed the plant going up in smoke, and extinguished the flame before it could spread. There was plenty of smoke however, enough that 25 people had to be evacuated from the building to allow for ventilation. All but one were allowed back in last evening, the final apartment should be livable tonight.