Barrie’s 20th annual New Year’s Eve Downtown Countdown is ready to roll! The Downtown Countdown is one of the biggest New Year’s celebrations in Central Ontario. People travel from far and wide to be part of the free evening of fun and entertainment.
Just announced with the ROCK 95 Morning Crew Monday morning, Kim Mitchell will headline the evening and help ring in 2018 along with the people gathered in downtown Barrie December New Year’s Eve. The party goes rain, snow, cold, no matter the weather. New Year’s Eve is ON in dowtown Barrie. Here is the line-up for the night:
- Skating at the Circle at the Centre rink. Bring your skates!
- Horse-drawn wagon rides
- Snow Valley‘s mini tube slide
- Roaming street performers
- Family fun: Clarabella the Clown, face painting, hockey shootout, and more!
- Bonfire warming zone
- Food vendors
- Fireworks presented by Telus – Canada’s Largest and Fastest Network
There will be two shows each set off from Heritage Park and the rooftop of City Hall – the first following the family celebration and the second at midnight to ring in 2018!
|7:00 pm||Chris McKhool‘s New Year’s Eve Kids Hoedown|
|7:45pm||Family Countdown & Fireworks presented by Telus|
|8:00 pm||Rue Bella|
|11:55pm||New Year’s greetings|
|Midnight||Countdown to 2018 & Fireworks presented by Telus|