Tiny Township has set its budget for this year. It brings with it a 1.77 percent increase over last, meaning another $40.18 on the average tax bill. Mayor George Cornell stated, “Council and staff remain focused on advancing the Township’s community-based Strategic Plan while at the same time recognizing the importance of minimizing the tax rate impact to residents.”
Among the priorities:
- Continued emphasis on community engagement.
- Funding for volunteer and senior programs.
- Promotion of North Simcoe economy.
- Advancing major beach park master plans.
- Beach enjoyment strategy including a Township-wide parking strategy.
- Improvements to infrastructure.
- Support of environmental stewardship programs.
- Update of the Official Plan.
The Township remains committed to providing appropriate levels of service and support to all residents through initiatives such as planned road improvements and investment in core
infrastructure, new recreational opportunities, updated Recreation Master Plan, community engagement and events, environmental stewardship programs, major beach park enhancements, and many other services and programs.