The CP Holiday Train has been around for 18 years and has raised more than $12 million and 3.9 million pounds of food for North American food banks.
This year the CP Holiday Train is asking for quality nutritious food items that follow Food Banks Canada’s heart-healthy donation recommendations.
- Grain Products – whole grain bread, brown rice, whole wheat crackers, bagels, hot & cold cereals, granola bars, muffins
- Vegetables & Fruit – canned fruit and vegetables, 100% fruit juice, tomato sauce, canned soup, tomato juice, applesauce, fresh (if storage available)
- Milk Products – dry milk powder, milk puddings, cheese spreads, fresh milk, yogurt, & cheese (if accepted)
- Meat & Alternatives – canned meat & fish, peanut butter, canned baked beans, dried or canned beans and lentils
The train will be passing through:
- Vaughan at the N.W. corner of the CP Crossing at Nashville Rd, near the Old Grain Elevator at 10 AM.
- Midhurst/Springwater at 12 Anne Street North at 12: 15 PM
- Mactier at the Old CP Station at 2:50 PM
- Parry Sound at The Festival Station Gallery at 4:15 PM