Something In The Air Last Night In A Barrie Neighbourhood

Fumes Send More Than A Dozen People To Hospital

Fourteen people were taken to RVH last night as a precaution after fumes seeped through ground floor businesses at 57 Essa Road and the apartments above. it appears the source of the fumes came from a secondary utility line feeding the complex. Samantha Hoffman at Barrie Fire tells us hydro and gas lines to the building have been shut off ; that the owner will have to get someone in to check those lines before they can be turned back on.