Dr. Mick Grierson, from the University of London has compiled the ultimate list of the most iconic songs of all time, using several scientific parameters.
The first thing he did, was pull songs that made all-time greatest songs lists from places like VH1, Rolling Stone, Billboard…etc. Then, analyzed every song’s variance, chords, beats per minute, and key to figure out how musicians made their songs memorable.
This is the most iconic song of all time, according to science:
Here are the top 10:
1. “Smells Like Teen Spirit,” Nirvana
2. “Imagine,” John Lennon
3. “One,” U2
4. “Billie Jean,” Michael Jackson
5. “Bohemian Rhapsody,” Queen
6. “Hey Jude,” The Beatles
7. “Like A Rolling Stone,” Bob Dylan
8. “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction,” Rolling Stones
9. “God Save The Queen,” Sex Pistols
10. “Sweet Child O’Mine,” Guns N’ Roses
Check out the full list here.
Are there any songs you think should have been on the list?