Renovations Blamed For Newmarket House Fire

Sparks From Power Tool Said to Have Ignited Sawdust

No injuries following a fire in Newmarket. Emergency crews went out to the Main St. and Park Ave. home just before 10:00 yesterday morning, claiming a fire was started by sparks from power tools during a renovation. They say a power sander threw some sparks from a nail onto sawdust, while sanding a second storey floor. It took crews about a half an hour to get the situation under control.

Image via Surrey County Coucil News on Flickr.