Homeowner Fine, Fined Following Tiny Township Fire

Fire Officials Say There Were No Working Smoke Alarms

A family of five is lucky to have escaped, following a house fire in Tiny Township. Officials say the careless use of a candle lead to the cottage fire over the weekend. There were no working smoke or CO alarms found in the seasonal residence, so the owner is facing a series of tickets totaling $1,800. The fire service brought the blaze quickly under control, Fire Chief Tony Mintoff says there was extensive smoke and heat damage as a result.