Gravenhurst Woman Injured During House Fire

First Degree Burns To Hands

A woman suffered burns following a kitchen fire in Gravenhurst. Fire crews were called to a First St. home around 2:00 this afternoon, with reports of smoke billowing out. Two occupants were able to get out, but one of them, a 52-year-old woman suffered first degree burns when she tried to squash the fire herself. Officials say an unattended pot left on the stove caused the blaze that caused significant damage to the home.