Carelessly Tossed Cigarette Butt Causes Fire

No One Injured But Blue Box Needs To Be Replaced

We’ve talked a lot about grass fires in our region lately and being careful with open flame and cigarette butts. Barrie Fire officials have reopened that conversation after a fire Sunday on Copeman Crescent was started by a cigarette butt tossed into a blue bin. Only the blue bin was damaged, but fire officials say it’s a good example of how easily a fire can start – noting it’s easy for a small fire to grow quickly.