Route Changes Effective May 29
On May 29, 2016 Barrie Transit will be making route revisions and improvements to routes 1, 3, 4, 7, 8 and introducing Route 11 to the Lockhart Dr area. The new system map outlines the affected routes; updated schedules & maps are also available. The changes address operational issues in the south end and improve overall service. The benefits include:
- Greater direct connections from southwest Barrie to the South GO station
- Increased service to Park Place
- Increased ability to connect the Huronia Rd medical clinic, and future Bayview Dr medical clinic
- Increased early morning trips to make all train connections
- Increased late evening service to accommodate factory shift work
- Increased late evening service frequency for Route 1
- Increased connection to shopping areas
- No additional contract cost
|Revision Effective May 29, 2016|
|1||Will no longer service Baldwin Ln, Bayview Dr & the Mapleview & Barrie View Dr area.
Will service Fairview Rd, Little Ave & Huronia Rd north of Big Bay Point Rd.
|3||Will no longer service Fairview Rd, Little Ave & Huronia Rd north of Big Bay Point Rd
Will service Baldwin Ln, Bayview Dr, Mapleview Dr & Huronia Rd south of Big Bay Point Rd.
|4||Will provide additional service coverage to / from the Big Bay Point Rd & Yonge St commercial area, & the Painswick Library.|
|7||Will no longer service Marsellus Dr, Athabaska Rd & the Bear Creek Special.
Will service Mapleton Ave out to Essa Rd, Essa Rd, Caplan Ave & the Park Place commercial area.
|8||Will no longer service the Huronia Medical Clinic, Churchill Dr and Mapleview Dr east between Essa Rd & Marsellus Dr.
Will service Athabaska Rd, the Bear Creek Special and Mapleview Dr west between Bayview Dr & Huronia Rd.
|11||NEW direct to / from service coverage to connect the Lockhart & Huronia Rd residential area to the Park Place transfer hub.|