Another Kitchen Fire In Barrie

Also a fire last night at a furniture store

A day after Barrie firefighters gave Georgian College students a demonstration on the dangers of cooking fires crews were called to a cooking fire last night on Rose Street. A pot had been left on the stove. No one was home at the time.

And there was a second fire last night at furniture store at Dunlop and Ferndale. Fire officials say sprinklers in the building had doused most of the flames before they arrived. Still, $50-thousand damage was done. The Fire Marshal has been called.