It’s another snow day in Central Ontario. The kids are home from school, but there’s LOT’s to do to keep them busy if you want to get them out of the house and get some exercise . Here’s 5 Fun things in our regional area for kids to check out during a snow day!
- Skiing or Snowboarding. Most area resorts are already reporting excellent conditions and there’s lot’s of choices within a short drive and lot’s of instructors at resorts to help kids get the hang of their sport.
- Cross Country Skiing or Snowshoeing . We have some excellent cross-country facilities with equipment rentals and instruction available.
- Tobogganing. A winter day like today is awesome for kids to check out their favorite tobaggan hill
- Swimming, basketball, skating, floor hockey and more available at some of the City of Barrie Recreational facilities. There are inexpensive drop-in rates for kids of all ages.
- Building snow-forts, snowmen or just playing some street hockey with neighborhood kids
Or, there’s always a full day of video games. One of the great part of being a kid is getting to enjoy the odd “snow day” and it’s a great time to get out and ENJOY the snow!